Langford Budville Village Hall
On Saturday 27th August the well known wildlife photographer & TV presenter Johnny Kingdom gave a presentation of his experiences & photographs of his beloved Exmoor. A full house enjoyed a very good evening with JK giving a more or less off the cuff talk for the first half & showing some dazzling wildlife photos/videos for the second half. A considerable amount of money was made for the hall & we must thank Lankford Lakes christmas Tree Farm for their generosity in sponsoring the event
The hall has been awarded the District Award for Taunton Deane for 2015 by the Community Council for Somerset recognising both the facilities and the standard of management present. In addition we were awarded all three levels of their Hallmark Standards which are a quality standards scheme for village halls. Langford Budville is the first village hall to apply for all three levels in one attempt and actually achieve all three awards.
Langford Budville is a small village lying some 2 miles to the northwest of Wellington in Somerset & some 8 miles from Taunton. Access to the village is easily gained from the M5 (junctions 26 and 27) via the A38.
For the last 30 years the village been without a hall, but after a long search for a suitable location , the current location was selected & the hall built. The funding for the hall has come from years of vigorous fund raising & generous grants from the Big Lottery Community Buildings Fund, Somerset County Council, Taunton Deane Borough Council & Langford Budville Parish Council.
The hall lies on the Western edge of the village on a site which was previously agricultural land. In this position uninterrupted views of the village, the Blackdown & Quantock hills can be enjoyed.
The hall was built by a local Taunton firm, Matrix UK Ltd & is of timber frame construction containing the following features (see attached floor plan):
- Main hall 18.5mx9m ( 61 ft x 29ft 8ins approx)
- Small meeting room 5.8mx4.6m ( 19ft 5 ins x 15ft 2 ins approx)
- Fully fitted kitchen 6.4mx4.6m ( 21ft 1 ins x 15ft 2ins approx) including industrial Dishwasher, Continuous Water Heater etc etc
- Male, female & disabled toilets with baby change facilities
- Entrance lobby
- Various storage areas
- Parking areas
- Externally mounted Defribillator (kindly donated by the South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust)
- Full hearing loop installation
- Full Entertainment & Alcohol Licence (alcohol sales to 10.30
- Large drop down projection screen
- sound/light system (subject to extra charges, please enquire if required)
The hall had it's formal opening ceremony having taken place on the 15th October 2012, with the guest of honour being HRH The Earl of Wessex .
Several users are now in place & include:
*short mat bowls
*Guides & Brownies
* Bridge clubs (2 no)
* Art Club
* The Parish Council
* The Parochial Church Council
* The local Police Beat Meetings
* a bible reading class organised by the local churches
* various weddings & parties are planned for the future months
*singing workshops for children
For more details of the above please see the events calendar on this WebSite
To contact us use the links on the site or ring:
Keith Moore (Chairman) 01823 400665 *
Roger Marshall(Vice Chairman) 01823 400012 *
Margaret Brown (Secretary & Booking Secretary) 01823 400510
*please use these numbers for the time being
The address of the hall is:
LANGFORD BUDVILLE JUBILEE HALL